- History of the Centre
- Meet the team
- ESOP Speakers
- World Centre
- Contact us
- Share schemes
- Awards 2013
SAYE (Save as you Earn) Sharesave:
- SAYE is an all-employee share scheme share option scheme.
- The employee can save from £5 to £250 per month out of taxed pay on a 3 or 5 years saving contract. There is also a 7-year “contract” which is a 5-year contract where the employee leaves the contributions in for a further two years.
- Employees are offered the option to buy shares in the company at a future date. A discount of up to 20% of current price may be offered.
- Bonuses are paid equivalent to fixed rate interest and are set by the Treasury. Bonus rates cannot fall below 0%.
- At the end of the agreed period contributors to an SAYE scheme can either use the money saved, with the bonus and interest to buy shares in the company or can have their contributions returned.
- The bonus and any gains made on the shares are exempt from income tax and NICs. CGT may be payable if the amount exceeds the annual personal allowance of £10,100. The shares can be transferred into a personal ISA.
Latest NewsMay 21st, 2013May 21st, 2013May 7th, 2013
Tagsawards BIS channel islands CSOP Davos disguised remuneration EBT EMI employee benefit trusts employee equity employee ownership employee share ownership employee share schemes employee stock ownership employee stock ownership plans eso esop Esop Centre executive compensation executive pay executive reward Financial education financial participation George Osborne Graeme Nuttall guernsey HMRC Institute of Directors jersey Malcolm Hurlston Nick Clegg Norman Lamb Office of Tax Simplification remuneration SAYE share plans sharesave share schemes SIP SME STEP trustees trust law trusts UK government